Guidelines for vAS (Tank/Heal/DD)

The Latest ESO News, Articles, Builds and Guides Forums General Discussion Guidelines for vAS (Tank/Heal/DD)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by rosy_ariete rosy_ariete 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    MaxTM
    MaxTM
    Keymaster

Hey everybody!

This is not a completed guide but mere guidelines so everybody can clean vAS and those who are interested can progress further on!
    I did NOT write this for Progressive raiders as your Setup or priorities might vary! Please just see it as an addition to what you already know and consider it when needed.

I will structure it into TANKs, HEALERs and DDs Sections.

TANKs

For an ordinary Veteran clear you only need 1 Tank.

Overview of the most important things:

Ebon Armor – Very important as theres a lot of stuff going on, you want to support your DDs – QUITE necessary, Absolutely needed in a group trying to score

Plague Doctor – This is for new tanks and groups with healers that are new to this trial, make sure to check with your group

Traits: Infused frontbar with Weakening or Crusher Enchant – This is also to help your group kill! (Backbar is your free choice)

Mundus: Atronach – You will need alot of Mag Reg for your green dragon blood and igneous shield – It’s not always the Healer’s fault!!!

Champion Points: Expert Defender- in The Lord Tree – Does NOT work for this Boss’s Light attack
    Ironclad- in The Steed Tree – You want a minimum of 44 Points in there as a maximum CP Player
    Hardy – in The Lover Tree – You want a minimum of 49 Points in there as a maximum CP Player
    Blessed&Elfborn – in The Apprentice Tree – You want a minimum of 75 in both as a maximum CP player as it’s boosting Selfheal

Skills: Use Defensive Posture to reduce the amount of Damage Taken through block
    Run Purge to cleanse yourself from Steambreath and allies from burning in the finisher phase
    Igneous Shield& Green Dragon Blood (Yes, DK are at a massive advantage cause their Skillkit is just perfectly fitting for slow strong hits)

HEALERs

Overview of the most important things:

Worm’s Set – An absolute must have for this trial. In vAS there’s always errors happening that force players to stop their rotation for additional protection, restarting the rotation, shielding, Magicka Players being at an advantage and getting rezzed with 30% of your magicka only are already more than enough reason not to miss out on Worm’s Set.

Kagrenac’s Hope – Kagrenacs? YES! Kagrenacs. A craftset which decreases the downtime of players that died to a minimum since most healers are Templars, Consider 1 healer running this if the group still has training to do, the Set has to be dropped sooner or later but when starting to practice +1 or even +2 fights it’s a really helpful set to have! Besides there’s alot of bursthealing to be done but not much consistent healing which allows you to quickly pull a rez as a healer more likely than in other trials.

Twilight Remedy – A good option if worm is already in the group, use in combination with shards+ orbs as you can place shards reliably on dead people or the tank they will benefit from the heal over time and the set as well as people that have just been rezzed are grated 10 seconds of HoT where they can find their way back into the fight

Spell Power Cure – THE basic healer set. Every Healer should atleast have a set of this and this set should be switched with Kagrenacs as you progress further with less deaths through the fight. But up until that point Kagrenacs Should replace this set as the normal downtime on a dead person is much more dps loss as dropping this set for the time being

Earthgore – This Monsterset is simply amazing, the cooldown is really long but in a fight that tends to become messy really really quickly it’s a blessing, besides you will save people who can not get out of annoying AoE effects as it removes them. Earthgore is a lifesaver in this fight, if you can fit it into your build i definitely recommend using this until your group can reduce deaths.

Neck&Rings Enchantments: 2x Recovery+ 1x Cost Reduction as high elf 3x Recovery as breton

Traits: here you have multiple choices depending on your playstyle pick any that fit your style the best! (My personal choices are highlighted!)
    Destro Bar Choices:
    -Powered
    Infused with Crusher or Weakening
    -Charged

HealingStaff-Bar Choices:
    -Precise
    -Infused with Crusher or Weakening (make sure you dont have the same enchants on both bars)
    Powered

Mundus: The Atronach – It’s the only stone i can recommend in here because it is just very likely to cause errors that will burn your magicka and the Atronach takes care that you will not be left helpless, even with the stone magicka management can be tough at times so if your style doesnt depend on a different stone

ChampionPoints: The Apprentice Tree – Blessed& Elfborn – You want minimum 75 Points in both as a maximum CP Player
    The remaining CPs are a matter of personal preference but i recommend 75 Points in Heavy Attack Ressource Return& Magicka Recovery

Skills: Use Purge, both Ritualcircles with the morphs you prefer, Absorb Magicka for additional sustain and safety while purging& healing others.
    How you use your skills is something nobody can teach 🙂 Healing is very subjective and everybody develops a different style when playing and trying to understand what youre doing. But for beginning healers i recommend to use Breath of Life on both bars just so you can react better as youre getting used to the fight and healing in general.

Ranged DPS

Ranged DPS is the prefered DPS in this trials espeically facing hardmodes, it allows you to keep kind of steady positioning which is very advantageous looking at some mechanics.

I’m not gonna go about Armor sets in general just some “Meta-Changes” that help you do more dps in there.

-Julianos over Necropotence (on Sorc) – Why? Your pet attracts effects like lightning storm and also gets damaged by the AoE effects of the bosses on the ground and will most likely end up dead most of the time which makes you lose dps if it is not up also on your running effects. Just slot the sorc armor instead of the pet and wear julianos, your overall dps will increase like this.

-Nightblades are great for this as they are pretty much selfsustained and will survive most of this bosses mechanics without much help as you have Resistance buff for a short duration, a built in speedbuff, selfhealing, Combat Prayer for yourself and those things just make NB quite easy to play with in here

-As youre raising the stakes by going +1 and +2 i recommend changing your build to a more wide-range-AoE+Long-Sticky-Damage build, DPSing consistently is the hardest thing here and normal (stack+nuke-Style) builds that will just give you 100k on Dummy targets will not give you the results you want them to.

-Position yourself according to your range! This is a mistake a lot of players do. You have a range on your abilities so use them! If you have meele players in your group they will love you for it. if you need to go close to place an effect try and choose a location where there’s no meele between you and the main boss as the general rundirection is “away from the boss” mostly in a straigh line

Meele DPS

Fellow meele DDs, the time is not nigh. Especially going for the +2 mode Meele DDs just become straight up obsolete. Target switches, a lot of mechanics that keep you from actually going meele, Range DPS that come too close during crucial phases and mostly standing in an area that is almost a death zone.
    This is just because of current tactics/strategies and how the bossfight is designed. So it may change any time! Keep trying to play meele but dont force it, show flexibility and try a sorc/NB/rangeTemplar.

IF you should be a steady meele players try and seek for roles like “Sphere Destroyer” or being permanently on the poison miniboss, try and seek for jobs within the raid that will benefit the raid without everybody having to watch out for you. StamDKs can use Corrosive Armor as well to just tunnelvision focus one target down but Stamina Sorc seems to be the best option here due to CritSurge being a really good heal. Be flexible and also change your build as you are going for higher stakes.

So some of you may say now: “I have cleared both +1 with 4 stamina DDs and i posted the highest DPS” that is great and honestly just go for it if you don’t want to switch. Stamina and meele DDs in general are kind of good in +0 or +1 fights but even there Magicka players have a higher DPS potential. As you proceed to +2 more and more issues with Meele Players will be coming up.

Thanks for reading and sorry that it took me so long to finish this!

If there’s any questions feel free to comment below or send me an ingame whisper or mail to @maxtm

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by MaxTM MaxTM.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by MaxTM MaxTM.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by MaxTM MaxTM.
    • This topic was modified 1 month ago by MaxTM MaxTM.
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Michelle
    Michelle
    Keymaster

domo arigatou sensei Maximus-sama

kilnerdyne
    kilnerdyne
    Keymaster

Can also pop some Champion points in Tumbling, perhaps add upto 4x Well-fitted pieces & roll-dodge Saint Olms’ Swipes. Follow it up with a full Heavy Attack and it’s as if the dodge didn’t happen. This is way more hassle then what Max has suggested and also requires some practice where you get constantly killed haha.

Seperatist
    Participant

You could just link alcast’s build here, at least for the tonk 😀

Michelle
    Michelle
    Keymaster

maximus-sama > alcast > world > seperatist

susannesusanne1
    Participant

Very helpfull Max – tnx so much <3

MaxTM
    MaxTM
    Keymaster

@susannesusanne1&@Michelle <3

MaxTM
    MaxTM
    Keymaster

Added a (most likely way too long) part about healers!

DPS coming as soon as i get rid of this laziness!

Michelle
    Michelle
    Keymaster

I CHALLENGE THE MASTER OF THIS DOJO

But thanks alot i was waiting for this healer part

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Michelle Michelle.
    MaxTM
    MaxTM
    Keymaster

It is done!

susannesusanne1
    Participant

We love you even more now Max <3

Using Earthgore was new to me as healer – cant wait to try it out!

rosy_ariete
    rosy_ariete
    Participant

Thank you Max for this guideline 🙂
    It’s very helpful ^^

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.