Horns of the Reach: Combat & Gameplay Patch Notes
- Adjusted Elemental status effects, such as Burning or Concussion, so they now scale with your Max Magicka or Max Stamina, in addition to your Spell Damage or Weapon Damage. Their damage has also been adjusted due to this new scaling and should remain relatively unchanged (with an exception to Burning, which now deals approximately double the damage of before).
- Burning now lasts 4 seconds and ticks every 2 seconds, previously lasting 3 seconds and ticking every 1.5 seconds. The total damage ticks remain unchanged.
- Poisoned now deals its total damage over 6 seconds, down from 12 seconds.
- Concussion and Chilled’s secondary effects (Minor Vulnerability and Minor Maim) now last 4 seconds, down from 6 seconds and 5 seconds respectively.
- Summoned pets from abilities and Item Sets now move 10% faster.
- Dodge rolling now grants immunity to immobilizations when it is used while you are silenced.
- The bonus damage dealt by execute abilities, such as Assassin’s Blade or Reverse Slash, now works more intuitively with global damage done bonuses, such as Mighty or Minor/Major Berserk. Execute bonus damage is now multiplicative with global damage bonuses instead of additive.
- Ardent Flame
- Combustion: This passive ability now increases the damage of Burning and Poisoned by 25/50%, down from 33/66%.
- Draconic Power
- Dark Talons: This ability and the Choking Talons morph now deal Magic Damage instead of Physical Damage.
- Earthen Heart
- Obsidian Shard (Stonefist morph): Increased the radius of the heal from this morph to 28 meters from 10 meters.
- Storm Calling
- Surge: This ability and its morphs now use your highest critical strike rating to determine their Critical Strike chance.
- Fighters Guild
- Dawnbreaker: This ability and its morphs can no longer be dodged.
- Mages Guild
- Fire Rune: This ability and its morphs are now hidden to enemy player characters.
- The Lady
- Shield Expert: This 30-point unlock now increases your Spell and Physical Resistance by 1500 when you are using a Shield or a Frost Staff, instead of increasing the armor value from your Shield by 75%. We have also renamed this ability to Bulwark.
Buffs and Debuffs
- Major/Minor Defile: This debuff now also decreases the enemy’s Health Recovery in addition to decreasing their healing received.
This introduces more counterplay against Health Recovery builds or Item Sets, such as Troll King, which grant large amounts of Health Recovery.
We’ve also standardized Mundus Stone values against other systems that grant similar bonuses, such as enchantments or Item Sets, so you can customize the stats you care about in each system without needing to worry about weighing the exact values against each other. Mundus Stones are now equivalent to 1.85x of an Item Set bonus.
- The values and bonuses of Mundus Stones have been adjusted in the following ways, with the listed values being for CP160+ characters:
- The Apprentice: Increased Spell Damage to 238 from 167.
- The Atronach: Increased Magicka Recovery to 238 from 167.
- The Lady: Now grants Spell Resistance in addition to Physical Resistance. Value increased to 2752 from 1980.
- The Lover: Now grants 2752 Physical and Spell Penetration instead of granting Spell Resistance.
- The Lord: Increased Max Health to 2231 from 1452.
- The Mage: Increased Max Magicka to 2028 from 1320.
- The Serpent: Increased Stamina Recovery to 238 from 167.
- The Shadow: Reduced the bonus Critical Damage to 9% from 12%.
- The Steed: Increased Health Recovery to 238 from 167.
- The Thief: Reduced Critical Strike Chance to 7% from 11%.
- The Tower: Increased Max Stamina to 2028 from 1320.
- The Warrior: Increased Weapon Damage to 238 from 167.
- The Ritual remains unchanged.
- In an effort to reduce the visual effect noise in group combat situations, we’ve hidden most visual effects from persistent damaging area of effect abilities cast by your allies. Area of effect abilities that have a synergy, healing, or defensive component that can benefit you will still be visible, and area of effect abilities cast by enemies will also still be visible.
Having less visual effects on your screen improves both visual clarity and performance, which makes it easier to respond to the more important visuals that come from enemy attacks.
- Affected player abilities include the following:
- Ash Cloud and its morphs
- Caltrops and its morphs
- Elemental Storm and its morphs
- Impaling Shards and its morphs
- Path of Darkness and the Twisting Path morph
- Rune Focus and its morphs
- Volatile Familiar Special Ability
- Volley and its morphs
- Wall of Elements and its morphs
- Affected Item Set abilities include the following:
- Bahraha’s Curse
- Essence Thief
- Hand of Mephala
- Infernal Guardian
- Leeching Plate
- Sheer Venom
- Storm Knight’s Plate
- Thunderbug’s Carapace
- Affected player abilities include the following:
- Summoned pets will no longer despawn and respawn when attempting to follow you.
- Fixed an issue where permanently summoned pets, such as the Unstable Familiar or Wild Guardian, would cause you to unsheathe your weapons every time you zoned into a new area.
- Fixed an issue where the cooldown buff from Spear Shards and Necrotic Orb’s synergy had different names.
- Sending your combat pet to attack an enemy (default Y + Left click) now waits until your pet reaches its target to start combat.
- Non-combat pet names now more accurately reflect the creature’s name.
- Fixed a specific case where some charge and leap abilities (such as Critical Charge or Dragon Leap) were displaying their animation and visual effects but not actually moving you to the enemy target.
- Fixed an issue where targeting an enemy could interfere with your ability to resurrect a dead ally.
- Fixed an issue if you used sprint and Light Attacks at the same time, the Light Attack animation would not display properly.
- Fixed an issue where the Minor Slayer buff was being removed if you equipped multiple Item Sets that granted the buff.
- Improved the reliability of CC (crowd control) immunity when other status effects are on you.
- For example, you can now reliably break CC after being CC’d while sprinting.
- Fixed an issue where Two Handed, One Hand and Shield, and Dual Wield Heavy Attacks could not proc weapon enchantments or poisons.
- Draconic Power
- Dark Talons: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not displaying their visual effect if they were the killing blow on the enemy.
- Twisting Path (Path of Darkness morph): Fixed an issue where this morph was not being considered a damage over time effect.
- Two Handed
- Reverse Slash: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs would grant slightly less than a 300% damage bonus against a target at 1% Health.
- Destruction Staff
- Added new icons for each of the elemental variants of Destructive Touch, Wall of Elements, and Impulse.
- Fixed an issue where Lightning Staff heavy attacks were not commanding your pets to attack that target.
- Wall of Elements: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not displaying correct tooltip information in their tooltip headers.
- Restoration Staff
- Healing Ward: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could be cast on environmental traps.
- Light Armor
- Dampen Magic: Fixed an issue where this morph was displaying extraneous buff icons.
- Fighters Guild
- Silver Bolts: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were hiding your weapon visuals for slightly longer than the abilities’ animations.
- Fixed an issue where some Werewolf abilities were not animating properly when weaving Light or Heavy Attacks with them.
- Roar: Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs were not displaying a debuff icon for their off-balance effect.
- Transformation: Fixed an issue where this ability would end early if it was used after dodge rolling.
- Banekin Arches and Stranglers now leash faster if they can’t affect you.
- Mudcrabs now stay submerged while burrowing underneath terrain.
- The Ranger’s Lightweight Trap is now always removed when triggered.
Prosperous was completely re-designed as it was redundant with the increased armor durability of Impenetrable. It will grant a new combat function, and will be an interesting choice for builds seeking to maximize resource recovery gains. Pairing the Divines trait with a recovery Mundus Stone will grant more recovery for that one particular stat, but Prosperous will grant more recovery overall.
- Adjusted the values and bonuses of Weapon Traits in the following ways, with the listed values being for Two-Handed, gold-quality items:
- Decisive: Increased the chance to generate one additional Ultimate to 40% from 34%.
- Defending: Reduced the Spell and Physical Resistance granted to 2752 from 5160.
- Infused: Increased the bonus value granted to the applied enchantment to 30% from 20%, and increased the cooldown reduction to the applied enchantment to 50% from 40%.
- Nirnhoned: Increased the bonus to the weapon’s damage to 15% from 11%.
- Powered: Increased the bonus to healing done to 9% from 7%.
- Sharpened: Reduced the Spell and Physical Penetration granted to 2752 from 5160.
- Charged, Intricate, Ornate, Precise and Training remain unchanged.
- The Prosperous Armor Trait has been re-designed to give it a combat function. It now grants 11 Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery as a gold-quality item, instead of gold gain. Due to these changes, this trait has been renamed to Invigorating.
- Reduced the damage on the Damage Health (Oblivion) weapon enchantment by approximately 36%.
This change puts the damage enchantment from Oblivion at a similar value to other enchantments after Battle Spirit has been factored. Since Oblivion damage cannot critically strike, it will be less useful against lightly-armored targets but more effective against heavily-armored targets or targets that spend a lot of time blocking.
- Weapon enchantments will no longer proc if the initial attack is dodged.
- Only the weapon you are currently holding will now proc enchantments.
- This resolves some issues where you would cast an ability then weapon swap, and your weapon enchantment would proc from the weapon you weren’t currently holding.
To introduce more counterplay to certain Item Set procs, we’ve changed the method in which they deal damage. While we are happy with the current damage values of these Item Sets, having them deliver that damage in unavoidable bursts has led to an unsatisfying PvP experience. The procs of these Item Sets now have unique mechanics to delay their damage, along with accompanying visual effects to allow more time to react to them.
To go hand-in-hand with the release of two new Monster Mask Item Sets, we’ve rebalanced most of the older Monster Masks. To ensure that every Monster Mask conforms to similar Damage, Healing, and Survivability standards, most Monster Masks were brought up in power though a few were adjusted slightly downward.
The bonus for having 5 pieces is approximately 2.31x the value of a one-piece bonus. For example, you can get a set bonus of 129 Spell Damage, or a 5-piece bonus of 299 Spell Damage on Julianos.
Some sets, such as Necropotence, have conditional bonuses. Since it’s harder to get these bonuses, we are allowing them to provide up to a 25% increase over other sets. This is why Dragur Hulk now gives 2540 max resource and Necropotence now gives 3150.
- Universally adjusted the values of some 1, 2, 3, and 4-piece bonus stats for all Item Sets:
- Max Health, Magicka, or Stamina has been increased by 13.3%
- Weapon Critical or Spell Critical rating has been increased by 21%
- Physical or Spell Resistance has been increased by 13.8%
- Physical or Spell Penetration has been decreased by 22%
- Any monster summoned by an Item Set proc now inherits any bonuses you have. The most notable bonuses are damage done and healing done from passive abilities, Major/Minor buffs, or the Champion System.
- Amber Plasm: Decreased the Magicka and Stamina Recovery granted by this Item Set to 250 from 300.
- Beekeeper’s Gear: Decreased the Health Recovery granted by this Item Set to 400 from 500.
- Blood Spawn: Decreased the amount of Ultimate generated by this Item Set’s proc to 14 Ultimate from 15.
- Death’s Wind: This Item Set now grants crowd-control immunity to the enemy after knocking them back.
- Draugr Hulk: Increased the Max Stamina granted by this Item Set to 2540 from 2500.
- Green Pact: Decreased the Max Health granted by this Item Set to 2500 from 4000, and increased the health recovery to 250 from 200.
- Grothdarr: Decreased the damage of this Item Set’s proc by 10%.
- Ilambris: Decreased the damage of this Item Set’s proc by 10%.
- Ironblood: Decreased the snare applied by this Item Set to a 50% Movement Speed reduction, down from 75%.
- Leviathan: Increased the Weapon Critical Strike rating granted by this Item Set to 1924 from 1643.
- Lord Warden: Increased the radius of this Item Set’s proc to 8 meters from 5 meters.
- Maw of the Infernal: The monster summoned by this Item Set now only deals Flame Damage instead of a mixture of Flame and Physical Damage.
- Mother’s Sorrow: Increased the Spell Critical Strike rating granted by this Item Set to 1924 from 1643.
- Necropotence: Reduced the Max Magicka increase granted by this Item Set to 3150 from 4000.
- Increased the damage of this Item Set’s proc by 20%.
- Decreased the delay from when this Item Set procs to when it deals damage to 2 seconds from 3 seconds.
- Nightflame: Increased the proc chance from this Item Set to 5% from 3%, and changed the 1-piece bonus to Max Magicka instead of Max Health.
- Plague Doctor: Decreased the Max Health granted by this Item Set to 4000 from 6000.
- Poisonous Serpent: Increased the proc chance of this Item Set to 50% from 25%, but decreased the damage to 3400 Poison Damage from 6800 Poison Damage.
- This Item Set’s proc now displays a hostile telegraph to enemy players indicating its area of effect.
- Increased the delay from when this Item Set procs to when it deals damage to 1.3 seconds from 1 second.
- Increased the damage of this Item Set’s proc by 30%.
- Decreased the time it takes for the proc to erupt to 1.5 seconds from 2 seconds.
- Increased the cooldown of this Item Set’s proc to 5.5 seconds from 5 seconds.
- Changed this Item Set’s proc to occur when you take damage instead of when you deal damage.
- Increased the proc chance of this Item Set to 15% from 5%.
- The Monster summoned by this Item Set’s proc now deals Magic Damage instead of Physical Damage.
- Increased the duration of the Minor Maim debuff applied by this Item Set to 10 seconds from 5 seconds.
- Shadow of the Red Mountain: This Item Set’s proc now spawns a volcano that erupts after one second and launches a projectile at the closest enemy, instead of instantly dealing unavoidable damage.
- Shieldbreaker: This Item Set’s proc now only occurs once for each cast of a Lightning or Restoration Staff heavy attack.
- Slimecraw: Changed the 1-piece bonus to a double 1-piece bonus of both Weapon and Spell Critical Strike Chance instead of Health Recovery.
- Spawn of Mephala: Increased the damage of this Item Set’s proc by 5%, and changed the 1-piece bonus to Max Stamina instead of Max Health.
- Spinner’s Garments: Decreased the Spell Penetration granted by this Item Set to 3450 from 4000.
- Spriggan’s Thorns: Decreased the Physical Penetration granted by this Item Set to 3450 from 4000.
- Stormfist: Increased the shock damage of this Item Set’s proc by 10%. The physical damage portion remains unchanged.
- Swarm Mother: Decreased the cooldown of this Item Set’s proc to 1 second from 2 seconds.
- Torug’s Pact:
- This item set now reduces the cooldown of your weapon enchantment by 30% instead of one second, and is multiplicative with the cooldown reduction of the Infused trait.
- Fixed an issue where this item set’s bonus was modifying the strength and cooldown of poisons.
- Tremorscale: This Item Set’s proc now occurs after a one second delay instead of instantly dealing unavoidable damage.
- Twice-Fanged Serpent: Reduced the Physical Penetration granted by this Item Set’s proc to 860 per stack from 1000.
- Velidreth: This Item Set’s proc now occurs after a 1 second delay, and displays a warning visual on the set wearer when the proc occurs.
- Viper’s String: This Item Set’s proc now deals its damage over 4 seconds instead of dealing it instantly.
- Widowmaker: This Item Set’s proc now drops a spore on the ground in front of you that explodes after 1 second instead of instantly dealing unavoidable damage.
- Willow’s Path: The percentage increase to recovery granted by this Item Set will now modify all flat increases to recovery, such as drinks.
- Fixed a rare issue where some Item Set procs could critically strike.
- Fixed an issue where the monsters summoned by the Shadowrend and Morkuldin Item Sets would attack sneaking or invisible player characters.
- Armor of Truth: This item set’s proc will now function correctly when you set an enemy off-balance.
- Engine Guardian: The monster summoned by this Item Set’s proc will now stick by your side instead of attempting to wander off and engage enemies (similar to the behavior of the Betty Netch).
- Galerion’s Revenge: Fixed an issue where this item set was displaying the wrong name in Death Recap.
- Light Speaker: Fixed an issue where this Item Set was not adding Spell Damage to Restoration Staff light and heavy attacks.
- Ravager: Updated this Item Set’s tooltip to indicate its proc cooldown.
- Shroud of the Lich: Updated this Item Set’s tooltip to more clearly indicate its proc condition.
- Vestments of the Warlock: Updated this Item Set’s tooltip to more clearly indicate its proc condition.
- Wizard’s Reposte: Fixed an issue where the debuff applied by this item set would remove invisibility from your target.
- Fixed an issue where the cooldown for the Prismatic Weapon enchantment was not being reduced by the Infused trait.
- Infused: Fixed an issue where the Infused Weapon Trait was not reducing the cooldown on Oblivion Damage enchantments.
197 total views, 1 views today