Powerful new Abilities await you with the all-new Psijic Order Skill Line. Discover how you can master time itself when you join the mysterious monastic order with this in-depth preview.
Control Time Itself
After 350 years, the Psijic Order has returned to Tamriel in The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset, and they’ve brought with them an all-new Skill Line that any of your characters can use!
“With the Psijic Order Skill Line, we wanted players to feel like they’re super-powerful sages that can control time,” explains Eric Wrobel, ESO‘s Combat Lead. “One of challenges we tackled when designing the Skill Line was the need to create something for damage-dealing player builds while remaining true to the passive nature of the Order.”
In addition to this, the Psijic Order Skill Line was designed with all players in mind, regardless of their character’s role.
“When building the new Skill Line, our goal was to include something for everyone. With healing, tanking, damaging, and some general utility Abilities. We wanted anybody who has come to Summerset and acquired the Skill Line to find something they’re excited about and can use.”
To unlock the Psijic Order Skill Line, you must first complete The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset‘s first main quest, titled “The Queen’s Decree”. Once you’ve made your way to Artaeum, find Loremaster Celarus inside the Ceporah Tower to join the Order, acquire the Skill Line, equip one of the new Abilities, and begin leveling it up! To gain ranks in the Psijic Order Skill Line, you need to progress through the Psijic Order questline. Every time you complete a quest, you’ll gain a new rank.
You can find information about all of the Psijic Order Skill Line’s Active Abilities and their Morphs below:
- Time Stop – Freezes the passage of time at the target location, gradually reducing the Movement Speed of enemies in the area during the cast before finally stunning them in place when the cast completes.
- Borrowed Time – Enemies that are stunned have their next heal completely negated for a few seconds.
- Time Freeze – Removes the cast time, but it takes longer to stun enemies.
- Imbue Weapon – Imbues your weapon with power, causing your next Light Attack to deal additional Physical Damage.
- Elemental Weapon – Converts into a Magicka ability and deals Magic Damage. Applies a random elemental status effect.
- Crushing Weapon – Heals you for a percentage of the damage done.
- Meditate – Focuses your body and mind into a meditative state, healing and restoring Magicka and Stamina every second.
- Deep Thoughts – Increases the amount of Magicka and Stamina restored.
- Introspection – Maintaining the channel gradually increases the amount of Health restored.
- Accelerate – Bends time and space around you to gain Major Expedition and Minor Force, increasing your Movement Speed and Critical Damage.
- Channeled Acceleration – Triples the duration, but adds a cast time.
- Race Against Time – Reduces the cost of Sprint.
- Mend Wounds – Invokes the Rites of Moawita, replacing your next Light or Heavy Attack used with healing abilities that can be used on allies. Your Light Attack heals over 10 seconds. Your Heavy Attack heals every 1 second while channeling.
- Mend Spirit – Grant the ally Major Resolve and Major Ward while you heal them.
- Symbiosis – You heal yourself for a percentage of the amount the ally is healed for.
The Psijics’ Ultimate allows you to rewind time itself!
- Undo – Steps backwards in time, resetting your Health, Magicka, Stamina, and position to what they were a few seconds ago.
- Precognition – You can cast this morph while crowd controlled and will automatically gain crowd control immunity.
- Temporal Guard – While slotted, you gain Minor Protection, reducing your damage taken.
Like the Psijic’s Active Abilities, their Passive Abilities support various different play styles and roles.
- See the Unseen – The insight you have gained from the Psijic Order grants you vision of the spiritual world. You can now interact with rifts all throughout Tamriel and collect their treasure!
- Clairvoyance – Reduces the cost of your Psijic Order Abilities.
- Spell Orb – When you cast a Psijic Order ability while in combat, you generate a spell charge. When you reach five spell charges, you launch a spell orb at the closest enemy to you dealing Magic Damage or Physical Damage, whichever is higher. The spell charges must be generated within seconds of each other or all charges will be lost.
- Concentrated Barrier – While you have a Psijic Order ability slotted and are Blocking, you gain a damage shield. This damage shield recharges back to full strength after you spend 10 seconds not Blocking.
- Deliberation – While you are casting or channeling a Psijic Order ability, you gain Major Protection, reducing your damage taken.
As you can see, there’s a Psijic Order Ability to suit any role, and we can’t wait to see how the community makes use of these mystical new powers. With the Psijic Order, time itself is your weapon! Which new Abilities are you planning to use when ESO: Summerset arrives? Let us know on Twitter @TESOnline and Facebook using the #Summerset hashtag!
107 total views, 1 views today