Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online v4.1.0 and the Wolfhunter DLC Game Pack! Wolfhunter introduces two new 4-player dungeons allowing you to venture into the Hunting Grounds of Hircine, in addition to a host of new collectibles and item sets. You’ll also find a number of updates to the base game including a new Battlegrounds map and Outfit Styles, the addition of Keep Recall Stones for Cyrodiil, updates to the Respec System, and more.
We’ve also made a number of balance changes in this update with the main goals being to improve the Werewolf skill line, reducing the duration of snare and defile effects, and increasing the viability of a number of the less popular item sets.
All PC/Mac North American characters have been copied, and a Wolfhunter template is also available for you to use. We hope you enjoy this latest update, which is approximately 2.3GB in size, and we can’t wait to read your feedback!
Wolfhunter DLC Game PackTwo New Dungeons
- Moon Hunter Keep: The Moon Hunter Keep was once the Colovian headquarters of the Order of the Silver Dawn, a group of peerless werewolf hunters found in western Tamriel. It was destroyed by the ancient werewolf Vykosa, who then took up residence at the estate. At first she merely turned the hunters against each other, each competing for the prize of joining her pack, but now she draws in werewolves from distant lands to vie for her favor. Imprisoned in the foul cells below the keep, Adonatus Varian must seek your help to eradicate Vykosa’s evil werewolf followers and remove her influence from the land before it spreads.
- March of Sacrifices: The March of Sacrifices is a section of the Hunting Grounds where mortals compete in teams for a boon from Hircine. It’s a deep ravine surrounded by impassable mountains, and populated with the most ferocious creatures of Hircine’s realm. The hunt quarry is a massive and powerful indrik imbued with special powers from the Daedric Prince himself. If a mortal manages to fell the beast and retrieve its glowing red heart, they may petition Hircine for a boon. This hunt is open to any mortal, but is rarely undertaken by any who are not a follower of Hircine. The competition is bloody, but for the foolish and incredibly desperate, Hircine’s game is a tantalizing opportunity to win a favor from the Prince.
- Moon Hunter Keep and March of Sacrifices are 4-player dungeons that are reached via Reaper’s March and Greenshade, respectively.
- Moon Hunter Keep’s entrance is in northern Reaper’s March, northwest of Arenthia.
- March of Sacrifices’ entrance is a shrine to Hircine in Western Greenshade, north of Woodhearth.
- Both Dungeons include a Normal version in addition to a challenging Veteran version.
- There are a number of rewards for each dungeon, including the following:
- Unique item sets, including two new Undaunted Monster Mask sets, only available within the dungeons
- Unique Achievement awards for completing the dungeons
- A unique player Skin
- A unique Memento
- Several Titles
- Unique housing items
New Collectibles & Furnishings
We’ve added a number of new collectibles for you to acquire in this latest DLC game pack!
- Gothic Hunter’s Headwear: Travel to either the Moon Hunter Keep or March of Sacrifices dungeons to unlock the Gothic Hunter’s Headwear. (This is the reward for owning the Wolfhunter DLC game pack.)
- Sable Man-Beast Skin: Only those who have completed the “Moon Hunter Keep Challenger” achievement, by completing the most difficult tasks in Moon Hunter Keep, can proudly display this Skin.
- Bestial Personality: By completing the harshest challenges in the March of Sacrifices dungeon, and thus completing the “March of Sacrifices Challenger” Achievement, you may let slip the bonds of civility with this Personality.
- Werewolf Behemoth Sigil Memento: Unleash your inner werewolf with this sigil, earned by completing “The Great Indrik Hunt” achievement. The Great Indrik Hunt is completed by hunting the three Golden Indriks within the March of Sacrifices, and earning their boons.
- Trophy: Balorgh: Acquired for completing March of Sacrifices.
- Trophy: Vykosa the Ascendant: Acquired for completing Moon Hunter Keep.
- Bust: Balorgh: Acquired for completing Veteran March of Sacrifices.
- Bust: Vykosa the Ascendant: Acquired for completing Veteran Moon Hunter Keep.
- Monsters in Moon Hunter Keep and March of Sacrifices have a small chance to drop various decorative bone-pile furnishings. It’s important to use every part of the kill… when there’s anything left.
- Bosses in Moon Hunter Keep and March of Sacrifices have a chance to drop one of four rare Hircine-themed furnishing plans; the more difficult the dungeon, the better your chances of acquiring a furnishing plan.
- Added new furnishings to the Undaunted Quartermaster that can be purchased for gold after completing Wolfhunter achievements.
New Item Sets
There are 8 new Item Sets available from the two new dungeons, March of Sacrifices and Moon Hunter Keep. Each dungeon has 1 Light Armor, 1 Medium Armor, 1 Heavy Armor, and 1 Monster Mask Item Set to acquire.
- Moon Hunter Keep
- Moon Hunter (Light)
- 2: Spell Damage
- 3: Spell Damage
- 4: Spell Critical
- 5: When your alchemical poison fires, increase your Spell Damage by 600 for 6 seconds.
- Savage Werewolf (Medium)
- 2: Max Stamina
- 3: Weapon Damage
- 4: Stamina Recovery
- 5: Your Light and Heavy Attacks rend flesh, causing your enemy to bleed for 1000 Physical Damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.
- Jailer’s Tenacity (Heavy)
- 2: Healing Taken
- 3: Max Health
- 4: Healing Taken
- 5: When you lose 25% or more of your Health from a single attack, you gain Major Vitality for 6 seconds, increasing your healing received by 30%.
- Vykosa (Monster Mask)
- 1: Healing Taken
- 2: When you taunt an enemy, you frighten them with a deafening howl, applying Major Maim to them for 3 seconds, lowering their damage done by 30%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
- Moon Hunter (Light)
- March of Sacrifices
- Hanu’s Compassion (Light)
- 2: Magicka Recovery
- 3: Max Magicka
- 4: Magicka Recovery
- 5: Max Magicka
- 5: When you resurrect another player while in combat, you and the player gain Major Heroism for 15 seconds, granting you 3 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds.
- Blood Moon (Medium)
- 2: Weapon Damage
- 3: Weapon Critical
- 4: Weapon Critical
- 5: When you deal Critical Damage with a melee Light Attack, you gain a stack of Blood Scent for 8 seconds. When you gain 5 stacks, you become Frenzied for 5 seconds, increasing your melee Light Attack damage by 50% and attack speed by 50%. This effect can occur every 18 seconds.
- Haven of Ursus (Heavy)
- 2: Max Health
- 3: Healing Taken
- 4: Max Health
- 5: When you take damage while you are under 50% Health, summon Ursus’s spirit for 6 seconds. You or an ally can activate a synergy on Ursus to grant you a shield that protects you and the activator from 13954 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 12 seconds.
- Balorgh (Monster Mask)
- 1: Weapon Damage
- 1: Spell Damage
- 2: When you use an Ultimate ability, you gain Weapon and Spell Damage for 10 seconds equal to twice the amount of total Ultimate consumed.
- Hanu’s Compassion (Light)
Base Game Updates
New Battleground Map – Istirus
A new Battleground has been introduced – Istirus! Built late in the Second Empire to control the chronic pirate problem on the Strid River, the Istirus Outpost has become a forgotten relic since the outbreak of the Three Banners War with its dwindling resources fought over by all sides.
Istirus is a semi asymmetrical map that also allows players to mount!
Keep Recall Stones
We’ve added a new method of navigating Cyrodiil! Keep Recall Stones are new items you use from your inventory or quickslot wheel to recall to a Keep or Outpost. These can be purchased for 20,000 AP or earned from Rewards of the Worthy. There are several restrictions in place to use these items:
- You cannot recall to a structure that is under attack (shown on the UI as a starburst icon).
- You cannot recall to a structure while standing inside the region of a Keep, Resource, Outpost or Town.
- You cannot use a Recall Stone while actively in combat.
- Recall Stones can be used while in Caves of Cyrodiil, but not in the Imperial City.
- Recall Stones are account bound, so they can be banked but not traded to other players.
- You cannot use a Recall Stone while carrying an Elder Scroll.
Battlegrounds Outfit Styles
We’ve added new Outfit Styles to Battlegrounds! Now, when you complete a Battleground, you have a chance to obtain an Outfit Style for the Pit Demons, Storm Lords, and Fire Drakes’ unique armor appearances.
- Pit Demons Outfit Styles are obtained by completing Deathmatch games.
- Storm Lords Outfit Styles are obtained by completing Flag Games (Capture the Relic, Chaosball).
- Fire Drakes Outfit Styles are obtained by completing Land Grabs (Domination, Crazy King).
- The chance of obtaining an Outfit Style is based on how well your team performed in the Battleground.
- Victors have a much higher chance to obtain an Outfit Style than do second-place finishers, and second-place finishers have a much better chance than do third-place finishers. However, even teams coming in dead last have a small chance to obtain an Outfit Style.
- The medals you obtain do not affect your chances at all – so you don’t have to be fancy, just try to be victorious!
- Placing on the Leaderboards for Battlegrounds also has a very good chance to award an Outfit Style from each of the three teams’ armor visuals.
New PvP Collectible
The new Arena Gladiator Costume is now available, to those who would conquer their foes mercilessly. Simply collect 50 Arena Gladiator Proofs (found by completing the Conquest dailies in Cyrodiil) and purchase an Arena Gladiator’s Exultation from a War Researcher for 10,000 AP. Use the Exultation, and it will consume the 50 Proofs and create a Runebox of the Arena Gladiator Costume.
Respec System Updates
We’ve updated the player ability respec system so activating respec mode no longer clears all of your points, but instead allows you to add and remove points from your abilities. You’ll still have the option to remove all points if you want a fresh start, though. We’ve also retained the morph-only option; for a reduced price, you can add and subtract any ability morphs.
- Anyone who loses a skill tree, such as vampire or werewolf, will now have all skill points in the associated tree refunded.
- This will also apply retroactively.
- Anyone who previously removed one of these skill trees will have their additional skill points returned upon login.
- All of these changes will apply to rededication shrines and Skill Respecification Scrolls from the Crown Store.
The Welkynar Motif is now available from Cloudrest Trial. This Motif is proudly worn by the gryphon-riding Welkynar themselves, and now you can earn the right to wear and craft this armor too – if you can defeat Z’Maja.
- You can earn Welkynar Style Motif Fragments by defeating Z’Maja; more are earned by defeating her on harder difficulties, and she will not drop any Fragments unless fought on Veteran mode, or on Normal mode with all of her Welkynar Shade allies. The amount of Fragments dropped is not randomized, but is based on the configuration of the final boss fight – the harder the fight, the more Motif Fragments you’ll obtain.
- You can earn a Welkynar Binding once a week by completing the quest “Woe of the Welkynars”, a quest in Cloudrest. By activating the Welkynar Binding (which consumes 10 Welkynar Style Motif Fragments), you will create a single random Welkynar Motif chapter, or very rarely, the full Book.
- The Welkynar Style Item, Gryphon Plumes, are earned in the same manner: by defeating Z’Maja. You earn more on harder difficulties, and as with the Motif Fragments, you will not earn any if you defeat her on Normal mode without all of her allies with him.
There are two new homes to test during this PTS cycle.
- Hunter’s Glade: An underground entrance way leads through a portal to an expansive forested glade in Hircine’s Oblivion realm of The Hunting Grounds. Those “blessed” with lycanthropy can maintain werewolf form indefinitely in this otherworldly wilderness.
- Grand Psijic Villa: When Artaeum was “removed” from Tamriel, a few neighboring isles went with it, including the site of the Grand Psijic Villa, a monumental estate with magnificent views of the south coast of the main island.
Updated /bug categories
You’ll find that we’ve updated the categories you’ll see when submitting an issue through /bug. Categories are now better defined, and sub-categories encompass more relevant and current in-game systems.
Champion Point Increase
The Champion Point cap has been raised by a total of 30 points (10 in each red/blue/green constellation) for a total of 780 Champion Points. The Champion Point experience curve has been automatically adjusted with this new cap, so that earlier Champion Points require less experience and can be earned faster.
- Captured Keep and Scroll bonuses are not currently applying properly.
- The Savage Werewolf item set box currently contains the Blood Moon set item. This box will have the Blood Moon item set with a future PTS patch.
- The Blood Moon jewelry box is incorrectly labeled as containing Plague Singer jewelry (despite actually containing Blood Moon jewelry). This box’s name will be corrected with an upcoming PTS update.
Combat & Gameplay
- If you’ve ever been a Werewolf or Vampire and have cured yourself, you may find you’re unable to use any abilities. Simply purchase a Werewolf bite from the Crown Store (only 1 crown) and use the item to fix your character.
- Fixed an issue where quest icons could display incorrectly above Clockwork City elevators.
- Added a missing ceiling texture within Xith-Izkul Sanctuary in the Blackwoods Borderlands.
- Bloodfiends that could previously be targeted by the Blade of Woe are no longer subject to its powers. The Blade of Woe is no longer available against all bloodfiends, instead of sometimes working and sometimes not.
- Fixed an issue where unique furnishings available as drops from enemies in the Fang Lair and Scalecaller Peak dungeons were significantly more rare than intended.
- Fixed an issue where defeating Zaan in Scalecaller Peak on Veteran Hard Mode would sometimes result in two Scalecaller Motif chapters dropping. Now, you will always receive a single Motif chapter when defeating Zaan on Veteran Hard Mode.
- Imperial City Prison
- The Brace for Impact ability now displays an appropriate icon during the encounter with Lord Warden Dusk.
- Doubled the drop rate of the Stonefire Scamp Pet and Soul-Shriven Skin Runeboxes, available from the Simulacrum of Molag Bal.
- Fixed an issue where burning oil was clipping into the ground during the quest “Blood on a King’s Hands”.
- Improved the collision on various assets so you no longer appear to float or sink through the floor, and updated some assets to better match what they represent.
- Added a missing texture to the Wine Stomp Barrel.
- Healers will now use Minor Wound more often.
- Fixed an issue where Yaghra Larvae would remain intact after exploding into a fine mist.
- Fixed an issue where Salamanders would levitate awkwardly above the ground.
- Fixed an issue where Salamanders wouldn’t. Stop. Slithering.
- Graveld is no longer easier to hit after returning from his hideaway than before he leaves.
- Haeliata and Nagravia
- Fixed an issue where the gryphon world bosses would sometimes fail to spawn.
- Nagravia’s landing is now more graceful.
- Increased the range at which Keelsplitter can bite.
- Waterspout no longer procs the Chill status.
- Adjusted how Waterspout, Slam, and Swipe hits are targeted to make the fight less punitive for melee players.
- Improved the attack messaging – in your favor.
- Increased the damage from Waterspout.
- Players are no longer as aggressively removed from Keelsplitter’s credit list.
- Queen of the Reef
- Repaired an issue where Queen of the Reef could attack invisibly before she emerged from the sands.
- Repaired an issue where Queen of the Reef’s brood would not despawn when she reset.
- Increased the playable area to receive credit for killing the Queen of the Reef.
- Fixed an issue where Queen of the Reef would sometimes fail to spawn.
- Alchemy’s Keen Eye will now illuminate giant clams seen on the shores of Summerset.
- Clams in Summerset now always drop an Alchemy reagent. Pearl furnishing items now only come from Clams that have a pearl inside.
- Fixed an issue where the Jewelry Crafting Certification quest would accept any ring, rather than only accepting a ring you crafted.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some of the Rich Seams in Jewelry Crafting Survey: Craglorn III to disappear when you got close to the resource nodes.
- Added interaction text to Jewelry Crafting Writ Turn-In Crates.
- Updated the text on the Jewelry Trait Master achievement for clarity.
- Heavy Sacks will now have a chance to drop Jewelry Crafting Dust instead of Jewelry Crafting Ounces.
- Dramatically improved the value of Artifact-quality Jewelry Crafting Master Writs, and significantly increased the value of Legendary-quality Jewelry Crafting Master Writs, in terms of their Writ Voucher payouts.
- All Jewelry Crafting Writs received in the future will see this increased Voucher value; this change will not impact any Jewelry Crafting Master Writs already present in game.
- Made some adjustments to the Wet Gunny Sacks, Waterlogged Psijic Satchels, and Pyandonean Bottles so it’s clear that these are containers, and may hide valuable crafting ingredients inside them.
- Wet Gunny Sacks are now Green quality, and Pyandonean Bottles are now Blue quality (matching Waterlogged Psijic Satchels).
- Waterlogged Psijic Satchels and Wet Gunny Sacks now have text indicating that “It sounds like there’s something inside.”
- Pyandonean Bottles and Wet Gunny Sacks now require confirmation when you wish to delete them.
- Pyandonean Bottles and Wet Gunny Sacks no longer have a sell price, and cannot be sold to merchants.
- Updated the icon on Wet Gunny Sacks to indicate that they don’t contain gold coins.
- Fixed an issue where four particular chairs in the Shimmerene Waterworks could not be sat on.
- You will now always obtain a Culanda Lacquer from completing daily quests for the Sapiarchs in Alinor.
- The “Waterlogged Note” item is now marked as a Scroll, rather than as Trash.
- Fixed an issue where the Traitor’s Vault had an excessive number of lootable wardrobes.
- Corrected the spelling on an error regarding the purchase of accolades and the completion of Summerset Pathfinder. You do not find Patches. You find paths.
- The following books are now part of the Research Notes collection:
- Fellrunner Failure?
- Findings on the Elemental Volatility of Imps
- Report on Wing Rot Curative Trials
- There are now more pools of fishable Foul water in Summerset. Per a report released by Kinlady Avinisse, this is attributed to increased litter and run-off due to the influx of outsiders.
- The following furnishings are now sold by Unwoltil, the Summerset Home Good Furnisher:
- Shrubs, Dormant Sunbird Cluster
- Shrub, Blooming Sunbird
- Tree, Ginkgo
- Tree, Ancient Ginkgo
- Vines, Sun-Bronzed Ivy Cluster
- Fixed a number of minor issues with the names and descriptions of several Summerset furnishings.
- Reduced the cost in Culanda Lacquer to make Summerset High Elven furnishings for Fine and Superior items from 2 to 1. Artifact and Legendary items still require 2 Culanda Lacquer.
- Fixed numerous typos, quest icons and pins, and VO/text mismatches.
- More citizens of Summerset can now be pickpocketed, and their pockets contain items appropriate to their social standing.
- More citizens of Summerset will react appropriately to said pickpocketing and trespassing.
- Yet more citizens have become careless and can now be killed with the Blade of Woe.
- Cuinanthon’s House is now a trespass location.
Public Dungeons & Delves
- Your character can no longer revive in the water after perishing to Slaughterfish.
- Removed an NPC you could not interact with.
- A Necessary Alliance: Fixed an issue where two copies of the NPCs associated with this quest would appear at the ritual platforms.
- A Pearl of Great Price: Slightly reduced the difficulty of the Yaghra Monstrosity boss.
- Buried Memories:
- Yaghra involved in this quest will now reward you when you defeat them.
- Your quest progress will no longer become blocked if you have to reenter the instance after burning Mephala’s barrier.
- You can no longer bypass the third Memory to go straight to K’Tora.
- Illusions of Grandeur: The enemies in the Academy Stacks now respawn at a slower pace.
- Lauriel’s Lament:
- You will now be properly directed throughout the Direnni Acropolis while on this quest.
- Advancing the quest by interacting with the Keeper’s Flame can now be shared properly with group members.
- Lost in Translation:
- You can no longer enter Evergloam prematurely.
- Fixed an issue where the map would point you in the wrong direction while in Evergloam.
- Fixed an issue where the final moment with the Ritemaster would not animate correctly.
- Old Wounds: The quest step to search Taranmir’s Manor will no longer fail if you enter certain locations on the 2nd floor.
- Storming the Walls:
- The door out of Castire’s cell will now work on the first try.
- Pandermalion no longer follows players who jump to locations outside Sea Keep.
- The Crystal Tower:
- Fixed an issue that kept Tundilwen from using one of her combat abilities.
- You will no longer see two Dawnbreakers appear if some group members arrive late during the associated quest step.
- Fixed an issue if you relogged during the last fight, your quest progression could become blocked.
- Dawnbreaker will now remain in your quest inventory until the battle is complete.
- Iron Atronachs will no longer become molten again if you encounter them after they’ve died and cooled.
- The Dreaming Cave: Fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent Valsirenn from appearing when trying to escape the Spiral Skein.
- The Ebon Sanctum: Fixed an issue where group members were unable to go back and advance skipped quest steps in Ebon Stadmont.
- The Forest Vandal: Using the Strangler Poison can now be shared with other group members.
- The Psijic’s Calling: Fixed an issue that caused Psijic Sight to flash intermittently when used in first-person view.
- The Queen’s Decree:
- The skafin in the Undercroft will no longer follow you through closed doors.
- The monks in upper section of the monastery will now defend themselves if attacked.
- The Resolute Sentinels:
- You can no longer interact with the podiums in the Academy Study through the wall of the adjacent room.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing you from using a door to the College of Sapiarchs when on the quest step “Talk to Valsirenn/Earl Leythen”.
- The Shattered Staff: The Motes of Light will now reappear if your character dies while tracking them.
- The selection area for the Artaeum map will now better match the location of it on the Cosmic map.
201 total views, 2 views today